WHAT IS COVERED:
This Road Hazard Coverage is limited to the repair or replacement of Eligible Tires damaged as a result of a road hazard.
Eligible Tire(s) are defined as: (i) the tires listed clearly on your original purchase invoice by brand, type, and size and Department of Transportation (“DOT”) numbers, (ii) for which you purchased Road Hazard Coverage from Northtown Auto Clinic, Inc. (hereinafter, Northtown).
TERM OF COVERAGE:
This Road Hazard Coverage covers Eligible Tires for a term of 36 months from the Road Hazard Coverage purchase date printed on your Invoice, or until any part of the tire tread that comes in contact with the road has a tread depth of 3/32” or less, whichever occurs first (“Coverage Term”).
WHAT IS ROAD HAZARD DAMAGE?
Road hazard damage occurs when a tire fails during the course of driving in a legal manner on a road maintained by state or local authority. Nails, glass and potholes are the most common examples of road hazards.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
This Road Hazard Coverage provides reimbursement as defined below for flat tire repair and/or tire replacement, up to the original purchase price of the tire or the replacement tire price, whichever is less, not to exceed a maximum of $400.00 (“Benefit Limit”) during the Coverage Term, when an eligible tire is damaged by a road hazard.
WHERE YOU CAN OBTAIN SERVICE:
Whenever possible you should return your vehicle to Northtown. If you are outside of 25 miles and cannot return your vehicle to Northtown, you should contact us at 816-842-1777 during normal business hours to receive reimbursement assistance. You will need to present your replacement purchase invoice displaying the original and replacement tire DOTs.
FLAT TIRE REPAIR:
If an Eligible Tire is damaged due to a covered road hazard during the Coverage Term and can be safely repaired per industry standards and guidelines, the tire may be repaired by us or any tire servicing facility. You are responsible for any additional amounts including, but not limited to, mounting, balancing, taxes and miscellaneous fees. Reimbursement is limited to two (2) flat tire repair claims during the Coverage Term per DOT number. The Road Hazard Coverage will remain in effect for the repaired tire for the remainder of the Coverage Term.
If an Eligible Tire is damaged due to a covered road hazard during the Coverage Term and cannot be safely repaired per industry standards and guidelines, it will be replaced with an exact make/model of tire if available. If not available, a comparable quality tire will be installed. When a tire failure occurs during the first 12-month period of the Coverage Term, the tire will be replaced with coverage up to 100% of the Benefit Limit. When a tire failure occurs during the second 12-month period, the tire will be replaced with coverage up to 50% of the Benefit Limit. When a tire failure occurs during the third 12-month period, the tire will be replaced with coverage up to 25% of the Benefit Limit. You are responsible for any additional charges including, but not limited to, mounting, balancing, valve stem, taxes, disposal, and miscellaneous fees. Limited to one replacement per DOT number purchased.
- Properly care for and maintain your tires, including ensuring tires are operated at proper inflation pressures.
- Use all reasonable means to protect your tires from additional damage.
- Furnish such information as may be required.
- Incur only expenses which are authorized in advance.
- Payment of all expenses and costs not covered by this Road Hazard Coverage.
- If a tire needs to be replaced and prior authorization cannot be obtained because the damage has occurred outside Northtown's normal business hours, you may elect to wait for authorization or proceed with a tire replacement. In order to be eligible for reimbursement: (1) if replaced, the damaged tire DOT must be retained, AND (2) Northtown must be contacted within 5 business days. There is no guaranteed eligibility.
EXCLUSIONS: THIS ROAD HAZARD COVERAGE WILL NOT PAY OR REIMBURSE FOR:
- Failures to tires occurring when any part of the tire tread that comes in contact with the road has a tread depth of 3/32” (1.6mm) or less.
- Replacements made without Northtown’s prior authorization.
- Repairs or replacements made by anyone other than a licensed service provider, its agents, contractors or licensees.
- Any invoice presented for payment of services not performed as described at the time of authorization.
- Damage incurred outside the United States and Canada.
- Repair or replacement if the original purchase invoice does not include: (1) the Tire Servicing Facility Name, address, and phone number; (2) the customer's full name, address, and signature; (3) the year, make, model, and mileage of the vehicle on which the tires are installed; (4) the brand, type, size, and DOT number of each tire.
- Cosmetic damage, i.e., damage that does not affect the structural integrity or safety of the tire.
- Damage caused by mechanical failures (e.g., failed shocks, struts, alignment, balancing) or interference with vehicle components (e.g., fenders, exhaust, springs).
- Damage due to misuse, abuse, negligence, improper application, improper towing, improper balancing or alignment, improper inflation, brake lock up, wheel spinning, torque snags, etc.
- Damage to tires either in the sidewall or tread area due to dry rot, peeling, or cracking.
- Loss, damage or expense as a result of off-road use (off-road use is described as driving on anything that is not a paved or gravel road maintained by the state or local authority).
- Loss, damage or expense caused by accidents, collision, theft, larceny, snow chains, explosion, lightning, earthquakes, fire, windstorms, hurricanes, water, floods, malicious mischief, vandalism, civil commotion, riots, war, etc.
- Repair or replacement of a tire due to manufacturer recall, defect or warranty or any reason the manufacturer will repair or replace the tire at its expense or at a reduced cost.
- Repair or replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on motorcycles, trailers, or on vehicles used for competitive driving or racing, police or emergency service, snow removal, carriage of passengers for hire, commercial towing, construction, or postal service.
- Repair or replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on vehicles used for farm, ranch, or agriculture, and vehicles that are registered to or licensed under a farm or ranch.
- Repair or replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on vehicles with a load capacity of one-ton or greater designed for, built for or used in a private recreational or commercial application including but not limited to Class A (or Type A) Motor Homes and Class C (or Type C) Motor Homes.
- Repair or replacement of any tire(s) used or installed on vehicles with a manufacturer’s load rating capacity greater than one-ton.
- Repair or replacement of tire pressure monitoring systems (TPMS) and/or devices and components associated with TPMS.
- Repair or replacement of tires that have been repaired in a manner other than per tire manufacturer guidelines and industry approved methods.
- Repair or replacement of tires that have been re-treaded, re-capped, re-grooved, remolded, or tubed.
- Liability for damage to property, injury to or death of any person arising out of the operation, maintenance or use of the vehicle whether or not related to tire damage.
- Personal expenses arising because your vehicle is not available for use, including storage or freight charges.
- PRE-EXISTING, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, AND/OR SECONDARY DAMAGES.
- Traffic fines, citations or penalties.
- Unreasonable costs that a customer may suffer as a result of the need to repair or replace a tire.
The benefits of this Road Hazard Coverage are secondary to any other coverage you may have purchased including motor club contracts and vehicle service contracts that provide tire and/or wheel coverage. When an Eligible Tire is damaged by a road hazard and another company provides any reimbursement for the tire, the maximum amount reimbursable under this Road Hazard Coverage will be less the amount of their reimbursement.
This Road Hazard Coverage gives you specific legal rights; you may have other rights, which vary from state to state. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages; therefore such limitations may not apply to you.
NORTHTOWN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DENY ANY CLAIM SUBMITTED WITH FALSE OR MISLEADING INFORMATION OR IF THE PAPERWORK DOES NOT CLEARLY IDENTIFY THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER, VEHICLE AND TIRES. Authorization is granted based on the information provided during the call; if the documentation submitted does not substantiate the information provided during the call, your claim may be denied. All claims must be submitted within 30 days of service, or your claim may be denied.
- The terms and conditions outlined herein are the full and complete agreement between the parties. No oral representations should be relied upon, including any oral statements of the Northtown or repairing dealer.
- Northtown may delegate the performance of its duties and obligations and assign its rights and benefits hereunder.
- Northtown assumes no obligation or responsibility with regard to the vehicle.
- Northtown neither assumes nor authorizes anyone to assume additional liability on its behalf.
- If Northtown makes any payment under this Road Hazard Coverage and you have a right to recover against another party, your rights shall become our rights and you shall do whatever is necessary to enable Northtown to enforce these rights.
This Road Hazard Coverage is extended only to you, the original purchaser, and not to anyone who may purchase your vehicle or tires during the term of this Road Hazard Coverage. Coverage is not transferable to any other vehicle or tires.